Main Article Content
Foreign body ingestion is a frequent complaint in the pediatric emergency. Foreign body ingestions in children are mostly
accidental and involve common objects found in the home environment, such as coins, toys, jewelry, magnets, and batteries.
Children may present with symptoms like stridor, pain, drooling, fussiness, chest pain, abdominal pain, fever, refusal to feed,
wheezing, and respiratory distress, or they may not have any symptoms that may lead to delayed diagnosis, thereby increasing
the risk of severe complications.